THE SIMPLE LIFE ON OUR OZARKS QUAIL FARM

My photo
MISSOURI OZARKS, United States
After I retired I wanted to stay busy on our farm. My almost 30 year career was in the hunting & fishing industry, so raising the birds I had hunted for years was a natural for me. Being married to my best friend, wife & help mate is all I could ask for. My wife of 34 years and I love living on our farm and doing the chores it takes to maintain it. We are living a wonderful slow life in our retirement. Our grand daughter is such joy. Having a big garden to feed us, raising bees for honey, loving our pets and no debt. I feel blessed to have enjoyed this country living and sustaining our family through growing our food and simple ways my whole life. I am happy to see others across this great country deciding to live instead of just collecting more. A less-stress farm life is making us very happy. *******************************************************

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Birds are going to Hunt

We have started selling lots of quail last weekend.  The dog trainers have got the fever with the cooler weather here. We have stopped taking orders.  With the addition last week of more field trail bird orders all our production is called for. I guess that is good.  As an old retailer I just hate having no inventory but better sold out than setting on a bunch of hard eating quail.  Even though I'm not doing this for a living the money is good. My son has bought a farm and will build a house on it.  I think he will put up some fly pens and we can raise a few thousand more in the next season.

No comments: