THE SIMPLE LIFE ON OUR OZARKS QUAIL FARM

My photo
MISSOURI OZARKS, United States
After I retired I wanted to stay busy on our farm. My almost 30 year career was in the hunting & fishing industry, so raising the birds I had hunted for years was a natural for me. Being married to my best friend, wife & help mate is all I could ask for. My wife of 34 years and I love living on our farm and doing the chores it takes to maintain it. We are living a wonderful slow life in our retirement. Our grand daughter is such joy. Having a big garden to feed us, raising bees for honey, loving our pets and no debt. I feel blessed to have enjoyed this country living and sustaining our family through growing our food and simple ways my whole life. I am happy to see others across this great country deciding to live instead of just collecting more. A less-stress farm life is making us very happy. *******************************************************

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

HOT!!!

100+ everyday this week.  Did get some overnight rain and cloudy this morning so maybe it will be only in 90's.  It's hard on the birds but they have lots of cover and grass to hide in all the fly pens. Keeping our water barrels filled for auto waterers. The incubators are running a degree too hot for a short time during the hottest part of the day, but won't hurt the eggs if it doesn't get higher for a longer period. Really need to air condition our incu room, maybe next season. Been eating a lot of our potatoes and green beans.Have eaten a few tomatos and cucs. Glad we are on a well.  Spoke to a friend of mine in town and his water bill for his garden is very high. Our grand daughter spent some time with us Sunday. That really makes our day. Our guard dog Shadow is guarding as he sleeps in the hedges trying to stay cool. Please keep your pets water full and make sure they have shade.

No comments: