THE SIMPLE LIFE ON OUR OZARKS QUAIL FARM

My photo
MISSOURI OZARKS, United States
After I retired I wanted to stay busy on our farm. My almost 30 year career was in the hunting & fishing industry, so raising the birds I had hunted for years was a natural for me. Being married to my best friend, wife & help mate is all I could ask for. My wife of 34 years and I love living on our farm and doing the chores it takes to maintain it. We are living a wonderful slow life in our retirement. Our grand daughter is such joy. Having a big garden to feed us, raising bees for honey, loving our pets and no debt. I feel blessed to have enjoyed this country living and sustaining our family through growing our food and simple ways my whole life. I am happy to see others across this great country deciding to live instead of just collecting more. A less-stress farm life is making us very happy. *******************************************************

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

We are Beginning the 2011 Growing Season!

We received our first batch of 3000 northern bobwhite eggs yesterday and now have them incubating. Seems like a long time ago since we hatched quail.  We have a few thousand adult birds pre-sold and are still getting inquiries every few days. It would be so easy to expand even more, but I am happy and really enjoy doing this at our current levels.  My father has had so many health issues and just can't get around very well, but he came out to the farm and helped me place the eggs in the trays and incubator. He was the most dedicated quail hunter and had some great dogs. Even though he can't hunt anymore he sure is glad to help me raise the birds he once hunted every year for over 60 years. 

No comments: