THE SIMPLE LIFE ON OUR OZARKS QUAIL FARM

My photo
MISSOURI OZARKS, United States
After I retired I wanted to stay busy on our farm. My almost 30 year career was in the hunting & fishing industry, so raising the birds I had hunted for years was a natural for me. Being married to my best friend, wife & help mate is all I could ask for. My wife of 34 years and I love living on our farm and doing the chores it takes to maintain it. We are living a wonderful slow life in our retirement. Our grand daughter is such joy. Having a big garden to feed us, raising bees for honey, loving our pets and no debt. I feel blessed to have enjoyed this country living and sustaining our family through growing our food and simple ways my whole life. I am happy to see others across this great country deciding to live instead of just collecting more. A less-stress farm life is making us very happy. *******************************************************

Friday, December 24, 2010

Icing on the Fly Pen Netting

It is freezing rain at the farm today. They are not talking about a lot, but any is too much.  Big snows and ice are really hard on the netting around the pens.  I know of one gamebird farm that quit last year after a big ice storm brought his pens down. These pens are very expensive to build so losing a bunch of them was just too much to bare.  I had one collapse myself, but was easily fixed. We braced ours up the best we could, but even with that it can rip the netting. Lets hope for a winter reprieve.

No comments: