THE SIMPLE LIFE ON OUR OZARKS QUAIL FARM

My photo
MISSOURI OZARKS, United States
After I retired I wanted to stay busy on our farm. My almost 30 year career was in the hunting & fishing industry, so raising the birds I had hunted for years was a natural for me. Being married to my best friend, wife & help mate is all I could ask for. My wife of 34 years and I love living on our farm and doing the chores it takes to maintain it. We are living a wonderful slow life in our retirement. Our grand daughter is such joy. Having a big garden to feed us, raising bees for honey, loving our pets and no debt. I feel blessed to have enjoyed this country living and sustaining our family through growing our food and simple ways my whole life. I am happy to see others across this great country deciding to live instead of just collecting more. A less-stress farm life is making us very happy. *******************************************************

Monday, December 14, 2009

Why I Started

Raised in a tiny Missouri Ozarks town in the 50's and 60's I grew up everything country. My dad and I hunted and fished a lot. After finding myself I decided I wanted to make a career in the Fishing and Hunting business. Myself and my business partnered open a very successful retail and wholesale business in that field. After 25 years of enjoying this I had some serious health issues and had to retire. After 2 years of healing I new it was time to get back to a more active life. Always loving to quail hunt and knowing how the bobwhite quail was almost gone from the Ozarks, yet the demand to hunt them was still very strong. Doing my research showed me there is a great demand for these birds among dog trainers, hunting preserves, field trial organizations and just simply for food. So in March 2009 I began my quest to get back to life through this wonderful bird. I am enjoying it so very much.

No comments: